Sunday, April 14, 2013

Azores Island Day 2.

Azores Island, Portugal
We are off to Azores  Islands, and then we come back to Lisbon tomorrow. This is a 1-night trip and show. When we return, we do a show for Lisbon.

I adjusted very quickly to the time change and felt back on track. We were very excited to get to do the show as well.
Goodbye, Lisbon.. we will be back.

If your not sure where these islands have Pulled a map. This is a huge vacation destination for Portugal. The scuba, food, and wine is fantastic! They all say there are 2 cows to every person. I said that sounds a lot like college in the states.

All of the Touristy things are of cartoon cows.. shirts, posters, mugs, and so on..

They have a running of the bulls here, but with those odds (2 to 1), I don't think I am in.

The population is somewhere around 56000 people.


Our landing was very rough. It was windy, and we had to do a touch down then take off. That was a bit scary.



I couldn't get a great shot of the countryside, so I pulled this one off the net

Our guide Bill was hysterical, he had us rolling telling us old wrestling stories and the legend of the 1 eyed hog woller.

Everyone is so lovely here, and as always, Armed Forces Entertainment makes sure we are fed well. I still pretend I am going to come on a tour and exercise and eat a little, and I always end up eating like a hog. I do go to the gyms on base but always cut the workout short because I want to see stuff.




I got up early and just wondered around. It was so beautiful here. It was very overcast and windy, I would love to come back in the summer and see this place when the sun is out, and it is bright out.




Even the bases chapel was amazing and old. The woodwork and attention to detail were amazing. I would really love to see this place again soon.



from wiki:
Porto Judeu, which means "Jewish Port" in Portuguese, is a parish in the municipality of Angra do Heroísmo on the island of Terceira in the Azores. The population in 2001 was 2425, its population density was 80.11/km², and the land area is 30.27 km².

Before the show, we went to a seafood restaurant and after a high-end Italian place. The food was unbelievable. I later found out they don't clean the seafood as well as we do, and I was feeling sick and then found out why.

We did a show for all ages, which made us all a bit nervous. Comics never want to hear all ages.. they panic.. "do I play toward the kids, and the adults think I stink" or "play to the adults and the kids don't get it?" Unless you have the ability of Jim Gaffigan or Brian Regan, you get very nervous. We are The Shock and Awe Tour as well. Some very edgy guys on this thing. We pulled it off and felt great after the meet and greet.