Sunday, February 7, 2010

Werewolves Aco 3/227 AVN

This is our Black Hawk Crew: Werewolves



The Helicopters always flies in two. Kelly, the man in charge upfront, is a Steelers fan. (oh course so is the Colonel, Kruiser and I). This is his custom SIXburgh Helmut.

The Gunmen
These are both sets of Gunners. These guys are badass! The second pic is the guys in my chopper. And the man standing in the second pic had the monster mask (below).



The wolf mask is incredible, imagine looking up a black hawk and a 50cal pointing at you, and this is the face behind it.


 It is very rare to get to go up to a chopper with the blades not swinging. Thank god for these guys who were at the show.
We are getting loaded in. These are the guys who flew us to and from The Korean Village, so they got to stay for our show. A great way to become friends with pilots is to do a show for them where you reference them as much as possible, get photos with them, and then on the flight back, get a hold of your headphones and crack as many jokes as possible without pissing them off. They told me their favorite people they flew around were Willie Nelson and Chuck Norris. I was laughing out loud, Pilot Carlos Montes had us laughing with jokes, and everyone started joining in, fat jokes, mom jokes and ripping on each other. They were so open and relaxed, we even got the Colonel in on it.
 
Above is the guy I blamed for ripping it! This was the best flight ever.
I am a werewolf now, they gave me a patch, and now I feel like I’m one of the gang. What sealed the deal is while in the flight, I let one go, and the two-army guys by me looked around to see who did it. (They don’t have headphones) so I tell the crew over the headset, and they turned and looked and lost it.

This will be A day I’ll never forget, and I’ll probably have my patch framed and am proud to be an honorary werewolf. Here are the crew we flew with, Mr. Kelly and Mr. Chattaway gunners: SPC Boles and SSG Bart. With us, it was CPT Van Kleeck, and gunners were SSG Watson and SPC Harris.