Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Leaving the middle east.


The last day was hard, I couldn't stay up to watch the super-bowl, I was was too tired. Stephen put it on, and I was passed out. I fact, I slept so much Stephen woke me up for breakfast. We all sat together and reminisced about the week, the highs and lows. I got very sentimental and sad, thinking this was it. Colonel and I went to the gym, and I packed. Our Last gig was Arijan right outside Kuwait City.
Is it me, or do the Kuwaiti highways look like the Jersey Turnpike? That's the look of money.
 When we met security upfront I got very sad, I started to see how it would be hard to be a soldier and have to adjust and come home. I think I would have liked the military life. It is exhilarating, and you cut out the bull crap and work, workout, relax, and have free time. You live on a schedule, it is very sufficient. If I would be younger and not in the arts, I think I would like it.



It's the last show:
We had a radio interview about the tour and went to the hall. We were presented with another plaque and coin. I felt so honored. I wasn't too sure about how I thought about the show. Some of my time was cut due to getting to the airport but after we got mobbed like the Beatles.



Will brought the Pup!! This dog is so gentle, but I wouldn't want to see him mad. He is a "very German" Shepard! I would not like to meet him in the US!?!

To the airport
This was a crazy time the drive was mixed emotions, I was happy to get home but sad to leave. Saying goodbye to the security team was tough, they where such good guys, in the week we hung out I felt close to them. Will, our driver, told us how weird some of the Kuwaiti people are and how they are not lovely to the Philippine people who come into work for them and the role women play in their society.
Brad and Dave are going to meet up with us in the states when they return. Brad is "The Jersey Guy" I was talking about earlier. He lives in Hackensack, and we are going to meet in the city.
 One of me and Stephens Proudest moments is when everyone got involved in our DURKA game where you use the word durka in any form like how the smurfs do with "SMURF." Everyone on the trip used it in a movie quote or a song title. Also, somehow throughout the journey through the airport, Conti ended up finding us even after we went through security. I'm tired of using my hands, I'll carry the bag with my head. Thank you.

Loading into the plane I realized, I won't see Colonel for a while. I am hoping we catch a Steelers game next season, and I also hope to go back. The Colonel is such a great man and is an example of a genuine patriotic, military guy. He was serious with his work and always had control but good enough at what he does to have a fantastic sense of humor. More people should strive to be like him. I hope to take a lot away from this trip, and his drive, work ethic, scents of humor and joy of life is something that will stick with me.
PITTS AIRPORT: I'm Home!


My Impression of Kieth Oberman, I need to crumple the paper up and throw it at the camera and say Its been 1 day since Mark said: Mission Accomplished. Goodnight and good luck.