Friday, May 23, 2014

Back on Tour- Base : Clear aka The Death Star

May 3, 2014- was the most fantastic day ever- my awesome wife gave birth to our son. He was 8 lbs. 5 oz. and 21 inches long. This is where I usually write about tours, so I didn't do one on him but Spending the last night at home with my new little buddy and son Axel Carlo Riccadonna. I'll do a whole blog on that experience after.







 Dereck Ahonen, James Kautz, Myself and Matt Pilieci
I say goodbye to the wife and son and head to New York for the last gig before I have to take off. Its a fundraiser for my friend's theatre company- Man, I am having the most wonderful week ever. Baby, Birthday, and seeing some friends I haven't seen in a while. I love these guys its like years can go by- as soon as I see them, we are right back where we left off. I pull an all-nighter at the airport, and we load up- Off to Alaska- Can't wait! We are going to visit Col. Jay, which is incredible!!! He is the fighter pilot from other posts before.


We made it
The gang is back and now on Alaska time. Jim Mendrinos, myself, Carole Montgomery, and Liz Miele.
I am not as young as I used to be- this is really hard pulling an all-nighter on a travel day- but I came through!!

Hurting and sleep-deprived, we head into the Land of constant sunshine! The places we are heading get 2 hours of dark... opposite of the last trip!
I'm wondering if this is going to be a factor in my habits and mess with my head...

Keep your powder dry, folks.



We fuel up on some elk and reindeer meat pizza and a 48th state beer and hit the hiking trail. We are in Denali Park... on a clear day, you can see Mount McKinley.






Made it to the top!!

The van from Into the wild is at the 49th state brewery. It was super exciting to see, and I understand how he could have come up here and disappeared. It is so amazing.


Move over Burt Renalds
We did a show at the bar in the base- it was awesome- what great crowds! I love the Alaskan guys- the fire dept. All came out, and we are going to hang with them tomorrow.

Internet access is hard to come by, so I hope to get more done as soon as possible. I have another blog on here all about clear if you want to find out more about the base.