Saturday, May 31, 2014

flying to kwaj. part 1

Leaving Hawaii: Last night in Paradise.

Heading To Kwaj- Check the older blog for history.

This was such a vital Atoll in WW2 I can't believe I'm coming back to perform for our guys there- I know it is selfish, but WW2 is so essential I love the fact I've seen this place.
I am ultra excited to perform for our troops and see where such important historical things happened.
Please, for history and a tour, check my blog history.



Hipsters in Kwaj?

Carole, Midori, Liz, Jim, Me and Frank


Island living is impressive- if you are American. The Native people live tough. They start having children at 12 years old, and on these tiny islands, a baby is born about every 6 hours, and only half make it past 1 year old.


These sharks come in and eat the scraps from the fish that get caught and gutted. We only have about 24 hours and only 1 show tonight- we fly out early- so I tried to fit in as much sightseeing as I could.




Frank Jim and I check out what we can historically on the island then hit the beach.




Where 3 marines were executed by the Japanese


After we ran around, It was time to get ready for the show at the VFW hall on sight. It is a different venue from last time, but I am still excited and nervous about the show. I get nervous because I want to give these guys the best show possible- it is essential to do my best- the troops deserve it!