Sunday, May 25, 2014

Greely Part 2

Before the show, Doug introduced us to Ski... maybe one of the coolest guys ever. I wanted to meet him because he looked like William Murderface from the Cartoon Networks Metalocolypse, but he ended up being awesome!
He told me, "Every bowling alley has a creepy guy who hangs out in the back... that's me."
I could tell he enjoyed the show- so we met up with him before we left base the next morning.

Meeting Quinton. He was at the show and seemed to like it- hung with him after. He was so relaxed and chilled. Really made me miss my buddy, Axel.

Our Guide Doug was excellent!


I could not believe it was still daylight outside... It started driving me crazy. I am exhausted and can't sleep to save my life- so Doug took us on a drive to see the fantastic landscape.

It feels like you're walking around inside a painting.

Can't get over how impressive the landscape is

Greely really was fun, and the Army soldiers have it hard- some of them can bring their wives, some can't. The ones that do it is hard also because they have to adapt to this hard-living- 40 below 0 in the winter and giant mosquitos in summer (3 months if you are lucky).
Alaska Pipeline

Greely, you will be missed! Great people and good fun!