Wednesday, October 13, 2010

GUAM part 2

 GUAM part2 show at the airbase. JRM established in 1940.

Downey in the lobby about to head to the beach.
As I am getting ready to head to the first show in Guam, it hit me how much I love the Japanese culture. As much as I love being American, we could learn a thing or two from are WW2 enemies. They are possibly the most polite and clean people I have ever seen.



Down by the pool, there are tons of people and no garbage! You wouldn’t know they are really there because they seem like a quiet culture, and on top of that, I never felt crowded because their constant politeness throws you off- they always say excuse me, smile, thank you and try not to get in your way and you find yourself doing the same.
They always seem happy, jolly, and family-oriented (didn’t mean that to sound like a joke). There was no “Jersey shore attitude on the beach. You know the guy who needs to know -” Don’t you know who I am?” and obnoxious over-tanned underdressed teenagers yapping on the phone, they were actually just enjoying their families. What a concept being in the moment you’re supposed to be in with the people they supposedly love.




I went to the air-force area to eat Mongolian BBQ and perform at Top of the Rock Bar for the show. We met Colonel Haverstock (spelled it phonetically, so my apologies). The Air-force really knows how to live. The Audience was awesome such good guys. I ended up getting ALLOT of drinks bought for me. The colonel presented us with the JRM coin!