Thursday, July 1, 2010

Spangdahlem Air Base

DAY 5

I woke up at 5 AM, the sun is out and the birds are chiping, why waste any time. I feel like I woke up in a cocoa box cover. My first move is the go for a swim then a hike. The girl at the front desk told me they get very harsh winters here in fact last winter was the worst in a long time. The pool is defiantly made to survive the winter it is heavy glass and marble with a spa and Jacuzzi. Tony told me his wife and kids are from Japan. They never seen snow until they moved to Germany but this is not the case today, Its perfect out.




I went for a nice Hike at Eifel Park, I here nature at its finest and once in a while I can hear airplanes doing their drills and flying by. I can’t wait to hit the base at noon! We went through security then ate some great German food at the restaurant called the club and we watch f-16 take off while we waited for the show to start.



The show is in an amazing place called Brick House. The crowd is awesome they seem to be enjoying themselves. The Brick House really looks like a comedy club and felt like it on stage as well.





No comments:

Post a Comment