Thursday, July 1, 2010

Spangdahlem Air Base

DAY 5

I woke up at 5 AM, the sun is out, and the birds are chipping, why waste any time. I feel like I woke up in a cocoa box cover. My first move is the go for a swim than a hike. The girl at the front desk told me they get very harsh winters here. In fact, last winter was the worst in a long time. The pool is defiantly made to survive the winter. It is heavy glass and marble with a spa and Jacuzzi. Tony told me his wife and kids are from Japan. They never saw snow until they moved to Germany, but this is not the case today; it is perfect out.




I went for a beautiful Hike at Eifel Park. I hear nature at its finest, and once in a while, I can listen to airplanes doing their drills and flying by. I can’t wait to hit the base at noon! We went through security then ate some great German food at the restaurant called the club, and we watch f-16 take off while we waited for the show to start.



The show is in a fantastic place called Brick House. The crowd is incredible; they seem to be enjoying themselves. The Brick House really looks like a comedy club and felt like it on stage as well.