Wednesday, August 24, 2011

NEW ORLEANS First Day on this Playground

 The Saint Fans are crazy!
 There was a lot of stress leading up to The Honeymoon. First We got Married almost a year ago but we didn't do the honeymoon right away because I had a tour to go on.Like our 1 year anniversary this year I left 3 days after the wedding but because I'm such a gentleman, I told Angie we can do anything she wants the day after the wedding.. She said massages, at first I thought that was a great idea but I realized we wouldn't be going to a rub and tug at a trucker stop... this was going to be expensive.
Walker Blue for The Room
Besides Massages are not for men... trust me- we walk in, its a Chinese spa. Now I don't speak Chinese but when we walked in I'm pretty sure the Lady behind the counter looked at the other lady and said "I don't want the fat one!"
Our amazing room at The Quarter House
I walk in the back and she says take off your clothes and lay on the cot- now I'm worried... I'm self conscious about my weight I'm fat and hairy..... and did I clean properly.

 While she was rubbing my back I realized I was flexing wherever she rubbed... I left more tense then when I walked in.

Zydeco Music Fest was going on in the French Market


We hit The Town and it is everything we were told!


T
As soon as we arrive we stopped by The Square



The week before we headed down it was crunch time on a pilot I was working on and they filmed the night we flew down. Here is a clip from the show.


It turned out very well- Dena is one of the funniest comedians I ever met.


Quick Drink Before The Live Music

The French Quarter
With the work out of the way its time to get my wife and get out of town. NOLA was a perfect idea, we love drinking, we love live music and most important... It was available. We brought Walker blue for sippin. We got it when we where engaged. Time enjoy Life. We were due..




This place is like a playground- Everything was amazing. I didn't sleep the entire week leading up to it because of work. When we got there I thought I was going to be exhausted but we hit the town like a couple of champs. The minute we checked in we called our family and went out until 4 or 5 AM.
Live music all around- trying to learn the streets from a blurry perspective and eating a muffaletta the size of my head.





NOLA Architecture is great- Its From allover and alltimes
The First night we met this great musician Marc Stone (who became a running theme of NOLA- we ran into him several more time through the trip). Him and his girlfriend where as nice as can be. They let us know what was happening around town and we were in town for the zydeco music fest.

Here is Marc's web site- Originally from the upper east side (thats how we bonded): he is Amazing.
MARC STONE


We wondered the city looking and getting into the rhythm of the city and we found an amazing little bar with a back area where we watched Smokey and Mark.. They brought up Mr. Stone and he rocked it.

Mark and Smokey