Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I Got Married last year

August 29th, 2010 Governors Comedy Club. Yes, I got Married at a Comedy Club.
The family's


March 15th, 2009

Hoops Park, the scene of the crime.
I had a gig out of town: Auburn Public Theater with great comic Ryan Hamilton. It was the weekend of Angies Birthday. I figured it would be a great surprise, but I was really really nervous. Angie told me before she didn't know if she wanted to get married. I got the ring From Angie's mom... guys always ask mom first. I got a ring that was her grandmother's... Excellent I didn't have to buy a ring. The hard part was finding four guys to dig up grandma...
Auburn and Skaneateles are such a quaint town, so I figured this could be my big moment. I've been there before- know how beautiful it is and I love the owners so this would be perfect.


Ryan rode up with us, and I never had a chance to warn him, so we all went to lunch and drove around, looking about the town. Finally, Ryan said he wanted to head back to take a nap... This was my time, no backing out. I took Angie to hoops park just outside town.
 
We walked around the lake, and when we got to the gazebo, I gave her a birthday card.. and I had it all planned- that's when I would pull the ring and deliver my speech... It didn't work out that way. I pulled the ring out behind the card, so when she closed the card, I got choked up and didn't say anything... So she said, "you have to actually ask," and I said oh yea..... and mumbled something that resembled a proposal. I thought it was funny when we got back and was on the phone telling everyone, I realized it was close to showtime. When we met Ryan, he said, "so what did you guys do today," and Angie said well... got engaged. Carey and Ryan had fun that weekend roasting us at the show.



Our Wedding shower was in Philly, and we had such a great time. Angie and I always have fun.



















The Bachelor Party: Sorry I am lame fella's

Ronnie and Policing serenade the crowd.

No Strippers- We did Mystery science theatre to the best movie ever made: Road House
Fray-leoda and I at The Underground
 In The Morning, I become a married man.
The boys (and Nicole) are folding Napkins the night before


Ryan, Marshal, Nicole, and I: The wedding crew!

Angie and Mary
My 2 new sisters: Briana and Mary and another brother Billy. Best INLAWS ever. Surprisingly I was not nervous one bit. Everything felt entirely right. Marshal and I did some last min stuff, he was my wedding coach.
Briana and Angie






Harris and Starman









Before the ceremony we had cocktails at the front bar while the guests showed up, I was there early. My Parents and In-Laws did so much work to make it seem like it was effortless. Everyone pulled together and help make this the best day ever I couldn't believe it my mom made over 2000 cookies and both sides decorated like you wouldn't think. The place looked terrific. My wife was gorgeous, and I was fat, dumb, and happy.
Bronzi gives some advice. RUN!!! lol


It was so weird being around all these family members and friends from different parts of my life. Marshal told me at some point, sit back and take it in.. When is the next time you will see these people all in one room... I guess my funeral.. but I won't be enjoying that day.
So many friendships happened that night, people from different parts of our lives made bonds and friendships that will last forever. It really felt magical.
This was a posed pic. I have to say that or Angie will really be that mad.

Ronnie and I

I was at the club talking and mingling before the ceremony. I was told not to see the bride before we get married, but she had a presence that when she walked in, I couldn't look. I don't care if its bad luck- it was worth it - Angie was stunning. I really knew I was the luckiest man in the world... How did I land her!?
The In-Laws
We are ready for the big moment.
                                                                    

Vinnie Nardiello Tied the knot. We are now together forever.. or until a lawyer says so...

We got roasted during the speeches: Angie's sister Mary got a standing "O" from the comics when she said she was nervous about giving the speech. Being in front of all these entertainers.. but after seeing my stand up, she realized "being funny isn't a requirement" The place went nuts!

John (who introduced us) and Frank Angie's buddies from Philly and my old roommate


Farrin, James, and Derek- The Amoralists
Nick, Ronnie, and Clint: Lords of the Dance floor

Getting Funky Nicole and Clint aka CB3


Our First Dance



The Riccadonnas

The Brothers: Billy, me and Ronnie

Ryan Ross played "Our Songs."
Angie looked so amazing.
The night went fast but not a blur. I didn't drink because I wanted every moment to be crystal clear. I really enjoyed the entire night- usually, I am never a fan of the ceremony at most weddings. The actual vows went fast- plus having Vinnie a professional comic doing it- it was light and funny. In fact, Vinnie killed! It was funny and to the point- I think everyone enjoyed it- there was never a dull moment.

I am pretty sure I didn't stop smiling the whole night. Ronnie mentioned the next day it was the best wedding because it was just about us loving each other and how we wanted to do it. We cut a lot of the traditional stuff we didn't like out.





The Comedy Rat Pack: Pete Lee, Chris Monty, Me, Joe Starr
Marshal, Angie, me and the cake.

You're looking the wrong way!

We danced the entire night- I forgot to eat.























I think Angie and I danced the entire night. It was so cool to see all my relatives and friends dancing altogether. Angie and I danced our first songs together "If I Should Fall Behind" by Bruce Springsteen and "First Day of My Life" by Bright Eyes performed by my high school buddy Ryan Ross.

When the night was over, and the DJ started tearing everything down, we headed back to the hotel, and everyone stayed up and talked.

I can't believe it was coming to an end, seeing my cousins and young relatives dancing their buts off, dancing with my mom, watching Angie dance with her dad. It really was a romantic night. I hope I never get Alzheimer's- I never want to forget a moment of it.